Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pug Dog discovery

Years ago I saw an old B&W movie on TV wherein there was a scene of a woman going on to her husband about a "pug dog". For years I've been wondering what that movie was, but had not much to go on, because all I could remember was the woman's voice saying, "pug dog."

I happen to be presently reading "Life With Mother" by Clarence Day, Jr., the sequel to "Life With Father." In this book I came across a chapter called "Mother and Pug Dogs and Rubber Trees." Naturally I experienced an Aha! moment. I searched it up online, and sure enough, there was a movie made in 1947 of Life With Father, starring William Powell and Irene Dunne. I think the bit I remember happened earlier in the film than this clip, but this confirms that the mystery is solved. Hooray!

No comments: